Under 15's - Match centre

Folkestone U15s
Taunton U15s
Fri 13 Apr 17:00 - Friendly Full time

Great end to the season

A win !

Folkestone u15s welcomed a team from Taunton,Somerset on a bright early evening,their first game of their tour to kent.Folkestone had been looking forward to the game for a few weeks,but were not sure what to expect as they,ve had a few big losses and did,nt want another!.
Folkestone started the game and from that first kick you could see that they were up for the challenge as they chased down the ball receiver and let Taunton know that they were in for a physical match and were,nt going to be intimidated as Taunton had a bigger and stronger looking team,for the first 20 mins of the half the game was played mainly in the middle of the pitch,with any attacks by either team being met by determined defence, but it was the visitors who put the first points on the scoreboard when their very quick winger evaded a couple of weak tackles to score under the posts to make the conversion a formality,0-7. Within a couple of minutes of the re-start the home side finally got the try which their efforts deserved when James Beaney showed his pace and sprinted from the half-way line to score under the posts,but unfortunately his conversion was charged down,so the score was now 5-7. The half time whistle was blown,but Folkestone were now back in the game.
The 2nd half started with Taunton attacking from the kick-off and from their first attack scored an unconverted try to give them the lead,5-12.Folkestone immediately responded when Robert Gunn made a break from a maul,but was stopped 5m from the try line,from the resulting scrum the ball was spun out to Max Walters who weaved his way over the tryline to score,the conversion was taken by James Beaney succesfully to level the score 12-12.By now Folkestone were very much on top,and looked the most likely to score again,which was the case as from a maul 5m from the Taunton tryline,Frankie Morgan burst out from the back of the maul and smashed through 2 Taunton players to score in the corner,the conversion was kicked superbly by James Beaney, 19-12.
The home side were now playing some great rugby and were looking likely winners as they were dominating in all aspects of the game,and it seemed only a matter of time before they scored again,but the final whistle was blown to give a final score of 19-12.
A very entertaining game played in good spirit by both teams,and enjoyed by a large crowd,Folkestone had finally played the sort of rugby that the coaches had known they were capable of,the potential is there,they just need the belief and confidence to realise it.


Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors