We have appointed a new Director of Rugby who's responsibilities include assembling and developing a coaching team for the senior section of the club. As such we are undertaking a selection process initially for the role of Head Coach.
Folkestone Rugby Club is seeking a top quality Head Coach to build a successful squad ensuring that each player is developed and supported to reach their full potential.
Reporting to The Director of Rugby the Head Coach will take every opportunity to talk to and listen to the players, being sensitive to the needs of the individual and the team.
The coach will be responsible for planning and delivering a coaching programme to provide a positive and successful playing environment.
The Coach must never lose sight of the importance of his leadership in achieving the team goals. Principle Responsibilities are:
• Responsible for delivering the assessment and selection process
• Delivering the playing and match preparation for the squad
• Ensure that players receive the highest quality coaching, preparation and feedback.
• Plan and run, safe effective training sessions
• Develop individual skills, confidence and fitness
• Recruit and retain players
• Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the players and Director of Rugby
• Ensure that the coach and players present themselves as ambassadors for Folkestone Rugby Club
• Promote fair play, team standards and code of conduct
• Attend meetings as and when required
• Be responsible for their own personal development and ensure their qualifications and experience is up to date.
The successful candidate will hold a minimum of RFU Level 2 coaching qualification, have previous coaching experience and be able to demonstrate a track record of personal coach development. They will be knowledgeable and passionate about the game of rugby with excellent communication and organisational skills.
Remuneration considered based on experience and qualifications with support provided for obtaining further qualifications.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to Director of Rugby Keith Woodward C/O Folkestone Rugby Club, New Burlington Field, Bargrove, Folkestone, Kent, CT18 8BH or email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 31st May with a selection process expected in the first week of June.
Any questions can be directed to Director of Rugby Keith Woodward via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated 00:06 - 17 Jun 2017 by Alex Ruddock