Folkestone Rugby Club is now looking for a top quality candidate for this newly created role to develop the playing future of the club and to be one of the best amateur community clubs in England.
Folkestone RFC established in 1973 is one of the leading amateur clubs in Kent, fielding 3 senior sides, the 1st XV currently plays in London South East 3. The club has a strong youth and mini section and at the core of the club are the FRC values of Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Sportsmanship.
Reporting to the Club Executive Committee the successful candidate key responsibilities will be:
• Assemble and develop a senior coaching staff to maximise their potential and in turn the potential of the player group.
• Ensure standards consistent with the RFC’s core values are met by coaches, players and support volunteers
• Identify and implement a recruitment strategy for the senior section of the club
• Work with the Mini/Youth Chair and youth coaches to develop youth to senior player integration processes
• Establish and oversee a transparent selection policy
• Identify and set performance and developmental targets with the coaching staff
• Ensure players are effectively managed by the coaching team
• Provide the Executive Committee with a monthly report. Report to cover the previous month’s results and following month’s targets in line with measures for success agreed with the committee.
The successful candidate will ideally have a good track record as both a player and coach and be able to demonstrate proven leadership/organisational and communication skills. Experience of working within an amateur Community Club is essential.
This is a key appointment and essential in ensuring the ongoing and future success of Folkestone Rugby Club.
Remuneration considered based on experience and qualifications with support provided for obtaining further qualifications.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to Marc Root, C/O Folkestone Rugby Club, New Burlington Field, Bargrove, Folkestone, Kent, CT18 8BH.
Closing date for applications is 21st April with a selection process expected post 2nd May
For any questions please feel free to contact Marc Root on 07793982872.
Updated 18:04 - 25 Apr 2017 by Christian Sangiuseppe